Plum-Glazed Gingered Ham Recipe
- 2 jars (12 to 13 ounces each) plum preserves or preserves of your choice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bone-in fully cooked ham (5 to 7 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups water, divided
- 1. For glaze, combine the first six ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; set aside. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Spoon half of the glaze over ham. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours.
- 2. Remove drippings from pan and set aside. Return ham to pan. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 140°, basting twice with remaining glaze.
- 3. Skim fat from ham drippings. In a saucepan, combine flour and 1/4 cup water until smooth. Stir in 3/4 cup drippings and remaining water (discard any remaining drippings). Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 8-10 servings (2 cups gravy).
10 ounce-weight: 412 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 1573mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (21g sugars, trace fiber), 28g protein
Reviews for Plum-Glazed Gingered Ham
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.