Plum-Glazed Country Ribs Recipe
"When planning to make ribs one day, I remembered that a friend had given me homemade plum jelly," relates Ila Mae Alderman from Galax, Virginia. "I stirred some into the sauce for a pleasant fruity accent."
- 4 to 4-1/2 pounds bone-in country-style pork ribs
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1 jar (12 to 13 ounces) plum preserves or preserves of your choice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1. Place ribs in two ungreased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes; drain.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Set aside 3/4 cup sauce for serving.
- 3. Brush ribs with some of the remaining sauce. Bake, uncovered, for 30-45 minutes or until ribs are tender, turning and basting frequently with remaining sauce. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
8 ounce-weight: 391 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 1214mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 0g fiber), 27g protein .
Reviews for Plum-Glazed Country Ribs
Reviewed Jun. 18, 2012
"very good recipe. my family loved it."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC