Plum-Glazed Country Ribs
"When planning to make ribs one day, I remembered that a friend had given me homemade plum jelly," relates Ila Mae Alderman from Galax, Virginia. "I stirred some into the sauce for a pleasant fruity accent."
8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 4 to 4-1/2 pounds bone-in country-style pork ribs
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1 jar (12 to 13 ounces) plum preserves or preserves of your choice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Place ribs in two ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes; drain.
- In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a
- boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Set aside 3/4 cup
- sauce for serving.
- Brush ribs with some of the remaining sauce. Bake, uncovered, for
- 30-45 minutes or until ribs are tender, turning and basting
- frequently with remaining sauce. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 8