"When planning to make ribs one day, I remembered that a friend had given me homemade plum jelly," relates Ila Mae Alderman from Galax, Virginia. "I stirred some into the sauce for a pleasant fruity accent."
Featured In: 95 Tasty Low-Carb Dinner Ideas
- 4 to 4-1/2 pounds bone-in country-style pork ribs
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1 jar (12 to 13 ounces) plum preserves or preserves of your choice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Place ribs in two ungreased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes; drain.
- In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Set aside 3/4 cup sauce for serving.
- Brush ribs with some of the remaining sauce. Bake, uncovered, for 30-45 minutes or until ribs are tender, turning and basting frequently with remaining sauce. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Plum-Glazed Country Ribs in Taste of Home June/July 2004, p9
Reviews for Plum-Glazed Country Ribs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 18, 2012
"very good recipe. my family loved it."