Plum Crisp Recipe
"We just love plums, so I developed this new twist on the old apple crisp to satisfy our plum cravings," said Olivia Smith from Richmond, Massachusetts. This tart, sweet crisp bakes up golden brown and crunchy.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. YIELD:3 servings
- 3 medium plums, sliced
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1. Arrange plums in a 7-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with nutmeg; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and oats; stir in butter and extract. Sprinkle over plums.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes; uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 3 servings.
1 serving equals 266 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 81 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC