"We just love plums, so I developed this new twist on the old apple crisp to satisfy our plum cravings," said Olivia Smith from Richmond, Massachusetts. This tart, sweet crisp bakes up golden brown and crunchy.
- 3 medium plums, sliced
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Arrange plums in a 7-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with nutmeg; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and oats; stir in butter and extract. Sprinkle over plums.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes; uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Plum Crisp in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008, p25
Reviews for Plum Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review