Plum Coffee Loaf
I've baked this moist bread for so long that I don't recall where I got the recipe. A simple-to-make plum filling and hot roll mix make it easy to whip up on Christmas morning.
16 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 can (30 ounces) purple plums, drained, halved and pitted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- Prepare and knead hot roll mix according to package directions. Place
- in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in
- a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; roll into a
- 15-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Brush with butter. Place plums, cut side
- down, lengthwise down the center third of rectangle. Combine sugar,
- cinnamon and cloves; sprinkle over plums.
- Fold both long sides of dough over filling; pinch seam to seal and
- tuck ends under. Place a greased baking sheet on work surface next
- to loaf. Carefully slide loaf onto baking sheet. With a sharp knife,
- make slashes 1 in. apart across top of loaf. Cover and let rise