My family loves Italian purple plums so I love to find recipes that feature plums. This recipe has become a favorite dessert.Lillian K. Julow, Gainesville, Florida
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3-1/2 cups chopped fresh plums (about 2 pounds)
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 5 teaspoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Pinch ground cloves
- 2/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely grated orange peel
- In a large bowl, combine plums and 3 tablespoons brown sugar. Combine
- 2 teaspoons flour, pepper, nutmeg and cloves; sprinkle over plums
- and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine oats with remaining brown sugar and flour.
- Stir in butter and orange peel until crumbly. Sprinkle over plum
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until topping is golden brown
- and plums are tender. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 180 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 33 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.