Plum Cobbler Recipe
- 3-1/2 cups chopped fresh plums (about 2 pounds)
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 5 teaspoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Pinch ground cloves
- 2/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely grated orange peel
- 1. In a large bowl, combine plums and 3 tablespoons brown sugar. Combine 2 teaspoons flour, pepper, nutmeg and cloves; sprinkle over plums and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine oats with remaining brown sugar and flour. Stir in butter and orange peel until crumbly. Sprinkle over plum mixture.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until topping is golden brown and plums are tender. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 180 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 33mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Reviews for Plum Cobbler
"Made this last night for dinner. It was nice. The low amount of sugar made for a bit of a tart fruit blend but was enjoyable. The topping is not too thick and crisps up very well. I served it with sweet cream. It is a good low-cal recipe."