- 3-1/2 cups chopped fresh plums (about 2 pounds)
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 5 teaspoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Pinch ground cloves
- 2/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely grated orange peel
- In a large bowl, combine plums and 3 tablespoons brown sugar. Combine 2 teaspoons flour, pepper, nutmeg and cloves; sprinkle over plums and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine oats with remaining brown sugar and flour. Stir in butter and orange peel until crumbly. Sprinkle over plum mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until topping is golden brown and plums are tender. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Plum Crisp in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p212
Reviews for Plum Cobbler
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2012
"Made this last night for dinner. It was nice. The low amount of sugar made for a bit of a tart fruit blend but was enjoyable. The topping is not too thick and crisps up very well. I served it with sweet cream. It is a good low-cal recipe."