Plum Chutney with Pork Recipe
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 cups coarsely chopped plums
- 1 cup coarsely chopped peeled peaches
- With a mortar and pestle, combine the garlic, lemon peel, salt, cardamom and ginger. Add oil; mix to form a paste. Spread over pork. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- For chutney, in a saucepan, saute onion in butter for 2 minutes. Stir in the salt, ginger and cardamom. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in the water, raisins, orange juice, sugar and vinegar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in plums; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until plums are tender. Add peaches; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until peaches are tender.
- Place tenderloins on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil for 9 minutes. Turn; broil 9 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with chutney. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Plum Chutney with Pork in Light & Tasty August/September 2005, p41
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Plum Chutney with Pork
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review