Plum Chicken Wraps
Dinner’s a wrap with this easy, nutritious recipe loaded with the fruity flavors of pineapple and plum. It makes a sweet-and-sour chicken handheld that’s hard to beat. —Jennifer Michalicek, Phoenix, Arizona
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/3 cup plum sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup salted cashews
- 2 medium fresh plums, sliced
- 12 Boston or Bibb lettuce leaves
- In a large saucepan, combine the pineapple, plum sauce, vinegar and
- oil. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken, green onions and cashews; heat through. Remove
- from the heat; stir in plums. Place 1/3 cup chicken mixture on each
- lettuce leaf. Fold lettuce over filling. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3 filled wraps equals 298 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 237 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.