Plum Bumble Recipe
"Since this recipe was published in our local paper in 1976, I've served it numerous times to family and friends," recalls Arlis Enburg, Rock Island, Illinois. "Similar to a cobbler, it is always a favorite at gatherings."
- 1 cup plus 5 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 cups sliced fresh plums (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tube (7-1/2 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, separated and quartered
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 1 cup sugar, cornstarch, plums and pineapple. Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish; dot with 1 tablespoon butter. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, melt remaining butter. In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar. Place biscuit pieces over hot plum mixture; brush with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving 344 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 343 mg sodium, 74 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC