"Since this recipe was published in our local paper in 1976, I've served it numerous times to family and friends," recalls Arlis Enburg, Rock Island, Illinois. "Similar to a cobbler, it is always a favorite at gatherings."
- 1 cup plus 5 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 cups sliced fresh plums (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tube (7-1/2 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, separated and quartered
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup sugar, cornstarch, plums and pineapple. Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish; dot with 1 tablespoon butter. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining butter. In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar. Place biscuit pieces over hot plum mixture; brush with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Plum Bumble in Taste of Home June/July 2002, p17
Reviews for Plum Bumble
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review