Plum Bumble Recipe
"Since this recipe was published in our local paper in 1976, I've served it numerous times to family and friends," recalls Arlis Enburg, Rock Island, Illinois. "Similar to a cobbler, it is always a favorite at gatherings."
- 1 cup plus 5 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 cups sliced fresh plums (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tube (7-1/2 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, separated and quartered
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup sugar, cornstarch, plums and pineapple. Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish; dot with 1 tablespoon butter. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining butter. In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar. Place biscuit pieces over hot plum mixture; brush with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Plum Bumble in Taste of Home June/July 2002, p17
Reviews for Plum Bumble(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 18, 2010
this is easy to make and absolutely delicious. The plums are sweet and tart at the same time and the biscuits with cinnamon and sugar is the perfect topping.