I worked in a restaurant for 18 years and still enjoy cooking meals for my husband. Our children and grandchildren love these finger-licking-good ribs in a unique plum sauce.
Featured In: Top 10 Recipes for Grilling Ribs
- 4 pounds pork spareribs or pork baby back ribs
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 can (16-1/2 ounces) purple plums in heavy syrup, undrained
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash each ground cloves and nutmeg
- Place ribs on two foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Cover and bake at 325° for 2 hours; drain. Drain plums, reserving syrup. Remove and discard pits from plums.
- In a blender, combine the plums, syrup, onion, soy sauce, lemon peel, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg; cover and process until smooth. Pour into a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Cut ribs into serving size pieces. Place, meat side up, in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; spread with 2/3 cup plum sauce. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until ribs are tender, basting three times with remaining sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Plum-Barbecued Spareribs in Country Pork 1996, p102
Reviews for Plum-Barbecued Spareribs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review