Plum-Apple Butter Recipe
I look forward to cooking up this fruity spread each December, using the plums I picked and froze during summer.
- 2 pounds tart apples, peeled and quartered
- 2 pounds plums, pitted and quartered
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1. Place apples, plums and water in a large kettle; cover and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Cool.
- 2. Puree in batches in a food processor or blender; return all to the kettle. Add sugar and spices. Simmer, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently. Cool completely. Pour into jars.
- 3. Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. Yield: 5 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 82 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Plum-Apple Butter
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC