Plum & Chutney Glazed Ham
I first saw this ham in a magazine more than 30 years ago and knew I had to serve it for Easter dinner. Over the years, I've tweaked it here and there to make it my own.—Arletta Slocum, Venice, Florida
15 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 2-1/2 hours
- 1 bone-in fully cooked spiral-sliced ham (7 to 9 pounds)
- 1 cup plum jam
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake at 325° for 2
- In a small saucepan, combine the jam, chutney, mustard, garlic,
- vinegar and pepper sauce. Cook and stir over medium heat until jam
- and chutney are melted; brush over ham. Press brown sugar onto ham.
- Bake 30-60 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 140°.
- Yield: 15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 6 ounces ham equals 402 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 2,052 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 38 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as