Pleasing Potato Pizza Recipe
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Sour cream, optional
- 1. Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook for 20-25 minutes or until very tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, unroll the pizza crust onto an ungreased 14-in. pizza pan; flatten dough and build up edges slightly. Prick dough several times with a fork. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. Drain potatoes and transfer to a bowl. Mash with milk and salt until smooth. Spread over crust. In a skillet, partially cook the bacon. Add onion and red pepper; cook until bacon is crisp and vegetables are tender. Drain well; sprinkle over potatoes. Top with cheeses.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream if desired. Yield: 8 slices.
1 serving (2 each) equals 852 calories, 41 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 103 mg cholesterol, 2,009 mg sodium, 76 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 42 g protein.
Reviews for Pleasing Potato Pizza
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.