- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Sour cream, optional
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook for 20-25 minutes or until very tender.
- Meanwhile, unroll the pizza crust onto an ungreased 14-in. pizza pan; flatten dough and build up edges slightly. Prick dough several times with a fork. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- Drain potatoes and transfer to a bowl. Mash with milk and salt until smooth. Spread over crust. In a skillet, partially cook the bacon. Add onion and red pepper; cook until bacon is crisp and vegetables are tender. Drain well; sprinkle over potatoes. Top with cheeses.
- Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream if desired. Yield: 8 slices.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Pleasing Potato Pizza
Sort By :
"Very yummy!! A few ways to decrease the fat and sodium counts...make homemade wholewheat crust, use sodium reduced bacon, as well as lower fat versions of cheese and sour cream. Worth trying!!"
"Yikes! The sodium is crazy in this recipe. I suppose that's mostly from the bacon. I might try it with canadian bacon and maybe not so much cheese."
"used "Perfect PizzaCrust" with these toppings. Fab"
"This is lots of fun to make and delicious to eat. Excellent; try it today!!"