Pleasing Potato Pie Recipe
- 2 cups shredded peeled potatoes (about 1 pound)
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Combine potatoes, 1/2 cup cheese and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- 2. In a bowl, beat eggs and milk. Add ham, onion, pepper and remaining cheese and salt; pour over potato crust (dish will be very full).
- 3. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 263 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 187 mg cholesterol, 929 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.