Pleasing Peas and Asparagus Recipe
Guests won't be able to resist the fresh flavor and color of this springtime vegetable combination from Nina Hall of Citrus Heights, California.
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen peas
- 3/4 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces or frozen asparagus tips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt, optional
- Dash pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add peas, asparagus, butter, parsley, garlic salt if desired and pepper. Return to a boil.
- 2. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until asparagus is crisp-tender, about 10 minutes. Drain; serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 136 calories, 6g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 179mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 6g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
Reviews for Pleasing Peas and Asparagus
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC