Pleasing Peas and Asparagus Recipe
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen peas
- 3/4 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces or frozen asparagus tips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt, optional
- Dash pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add peas, asparagus, butter, parsley, garlic salt if desired and pepper. Return to a boil.
- 2. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until asparagus is crisp-tender, about 10 minutes. Drain; serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
One 3/4-cup serving (prepared with margarine and without garlic salt) equals 136 calories, 6 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 179 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Pleasing Peas and Asparagus
"This has become an Easter dinner favorite for us, but it's wonderful anytime asparagus is a good buy. The peas make the more expensive asparagus go farther and serve more people, and the flavor is fantastic. Highly recommended!"