- 1/2 cup water
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen peas
- 3/4 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces or frozen asparagus tips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt, optional
- Dash pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add peas, asparagus, butter, parsley, garlic salt if desired and pepper. Return to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer until asparagus is crisp-tender, about 10 minutes. Drain; serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pleasing Peas and Asparagus in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p57
Reviews for Pleasing Peas and Asparagus
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 23, 2011
"This has become an Easter dinner favorite for us, but it's wonderful anytime asparagus is a good buy. The peas make the more expensive asparagus go farther and serve more people, and the flavor is fantastic. Highly recommended!"