- 1/2 cup water
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen peas
- 3/4 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces or frozen asparagus tips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt, optional
- Dash pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add peas, asparagus, butter, parsley, garlic salt if desired and pepper. Return to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer until asparagus is crisp-tender, about 10 minutes. Drain; serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pleasing Peas and Asparagus in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p57
Reviews for Pleasing Peas and Asparagus
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 23, 2011
This has become an Easter dinner favorite for us, but it's wonderful anytime asparagus is a good buy. The peas make the more expensive asparagus go farther and serve more people, and the flavor is fantastic. Highly recommended!
More Recipe Collections
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >