Plantation Stuffed Peppers
We always have a lot of extra peppers in the garden. So I prepare a bunch of these stuffed peppers, then freeze them for baking later. That way, we can enjoy them year-round. They're always a treat, no matter how often I serve them!
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 8 medium green peppers, tops and seeds removed
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- In boiling salted water, cook peppers for 3-5 minutes. Remove and set
- aside. In a skillet, cook beef, onion and is tender. Drain any fat.
- Add seasonings and soup; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Stir in
- cheese; cook and stir until melted. Stir in rice. Fill peppers;
- place in a shallow baking dish. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 317 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 726 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein.