Plantation Stuffed Peppers Recipe
We always have a lot of extra peppers in the garden. So I prepare a bunch of these stuffed peppers, then freeze them for baking later. That way, we can enjoy them year-round. They're always a treat, no matter how often I serve them!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 8 medium green peppers, tops and seeds removed
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1. In boiling salted water, cook peppers for 3-5 minutes. Remove and set aside. In a skillet, cook beef, onion and is tender. Drain any fat. Add seasonings and soup; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Stir in cheese; cook and stir until melted. Stir in rice. Fill peppers; place in a shallow baking dish. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 317 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 726 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC