Plantation Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 8 medium green peppers, tops and seeds removed
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- In boiling salted water, cook peppers for 3-5 minutes. Remove and set aside. In a skillet, cook beef, onion and is tender. Drain any fat. Add seasonings and soup; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Stir in cheese; cook and stir until melted. Stir in rice. Fill peppers; place in a shallow baking dish. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Plantation Stuffed Peppers
Sort By :
"Halving the recipe, I added 2 finely chopped jalepenos and a few (6 med-large) chopped mushrooms to the onion/hamburger mix. Used the full lb of burger and 1c rice. Added less chili pwdr because we don't like that flavor to be too overpowering, but that's just personal preference."
"I was so excited to make this! But I found the "stuffed" part to be pretty bland. I would like more meat and more seasonings. I doubt that I will make this again."
"This recipe was so yummy. I made this with broccoli cheddar rice which added alot. Will make again"
"This is excellent. I also add corn and chopped celery to mine and use catsup vs tomato soup."
"So good and easy. Love that I can use homegrown peppers. I use seasoned rice packages for added flavor. They freeze well too!"