Plantation Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 8 medium green peppers, tops and seeds removed
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- In boiling salted water, cook peppers for 3-5 minutes. Remove and set aside. In a skillet, cook beef, onion and is tender. Drain any fat. Add seasonings and soup; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Stir in cheese; cook and stir until melted. Stir in rice. Fill peppers; place in a shallow baking dish. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Plantation Stuffed Peppers(8)
Sort By :
Halving the recipe, I added 2 finely chopped jalepenos and a few (6 med-large) chopped mushrooms to the onion/hamburger mix. Used the full lb of burger and 1c rice. Added less chili pwdr because we don't like that flavor to be too overpowering, but that's just personal preference.
I was so excited to make this! But I found the "stuffed" part to be pretty bland. I would like more meat and more seasonings. I doubt that I will make this again.
This recipe was so yummy. I made this with broccoli cheddar rice which added alot. Will make again
This is excellent. I also add corn and chopped celery to mine and use catsup vs tomato soup.
So good and easy. Love that I can use homegrown peppers. I use seasoned rice packages for added flavor. They freeze well too!