Plantation Ham Pie Recipe
Pretty parsley pinwheel top this hearty casserole filled with a saucy mixture of broccoli, ham and onion. "It also can be made with asparagus instead of broccoli," suggests Sharon White of Morden, Manitoba. "With a green salad, it's a satisfying supper."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 4 cups cubed fully cooked ham (2 pounds)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups fresh or frozen broccoli florets
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large skillet, saute ham and onion in butter until onion is tender. Combine soup and milk; stir into ham mixture. Add broccoli; heat through. Pour into an ungreased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- 2. Combine biscuit mix and water until a soft dough forms. On a lightly floured surface, knead dough 10 times. Roll out into a 12-in. square; sprinkle with parsley.
- 3. Roll up jelly-roll style. Cut into 12 pieces; place over the ham mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until biscuits are golden and ham mixture is heated through and bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 426 calories, 22 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 2,149 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC