- 2 maple grilling planks
- 4 boneless beef top loin steaks (12 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Soak grilling planks in water for 1 hour. Drizzle steaks with oil. Combine the coriander, chili powder, allspice and cayenne; rub over both sides of steaks.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until grill marks appear; remove.
- Place planks on grill over direct medium heat. Cover and heat until planks create a light to medium smoke and begin to crackle (this indicates planks are ready), about 3 minutes. Turn planks over. Place steaks on planks.
- Grill, covered, for 15-20 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Planked Spicy Strip Steaks in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p225
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Planked Spicy Strip Steaks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2012
"Cook time listed was a little too long. Twelve minutes max."