- 2 maple grilling planks
- 4 boneless beef top loin steaks (12 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Soak grilling planks in water for 1 hour. Drizzle steaks with oil. Combine the coriander, chili powder, allspice and cayenne; rub over both sides of steaks.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until grill marks appear; remove.
- Place planks on grill over direct medium heat. Cover and heat until planks create a light to medium smoke and begin to crackle (this indicates planks are ready), about 3 minutes. Turn planks over. Place steaks on planks.
- Grill, covered, for 15-20 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now
Reviews for Planked Spicy Strip Steaks
Sort By :
Cook time listed was a little too long. Twelve minutes max.