After tinkering with the herbs and spices of what was my favorite fish recipe I decided to grill the fish on a plank and what a world of difference it was. Hands down, this is now one of our favorite fish recipes. —Judy Castranova, New Bern, North Carolina
Featured In: How to Cook in Foil Packets
- 2 grilling planks
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 teaspoons each minced fresh basil, cilantro and parsley
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 trout fillets (6 ounces each)
- Soak planks in water at least 1 hour. Combine butter, ginger, herbs, honey, lemon peel, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place planks on grill over direct medium heat. Cover and heat 3 minutes or until light to medium smoke comes from the plank and the wood begins to crackle. (This indicates the plank is ready.) Turn plank over.
- Spread herb mixture over flesh side of fillets. Place fish on planks, skin side down. Grill, covered, over medium heat 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Plank-Grilled Ginger-Herb Trout in TasteofHome.com 2016
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Plank-Grilled Ginger-Herb Trout
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review