- 2 prebaked mini pizza crusts
- 1/2 cup Western, Catalina or French salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or oregano
- 1 package (10 ounces) torn romaine lettuce (8 cups)
- 1 cup sliced pepperoni or chopped Canadian bacon
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese or cheese blend
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Bake pizza crusts at 400° for 8-10 minutes or grill over medium heat until desired crispness. When cool enough to handle, tear into bite-size pieces; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine salad dressing and basil; set aside. In a salad bowl, combine the lettuce, pizza crusts, pepperoni, cheese and olives. Toss to mix ingredients. Drizzle each serving with dressing. Yield: 4 main-dish servings; 8 side salads.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pizzeria Salad
Sort By :
This is an excellant recipe. The only thing is my local grocery store does not carry prebaked mini pizza crusts. They do however have Focaccia Bread in the bakery. I cut the circle of bread in half so it isn't so thick and toast it. Then cut it up in place of the mini pizza crusts. Delicious!! After a hard day of physical work, my husband is satisfied when I serve this salad for supper.