Pizzeria Burgers Recipe
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 6 sandwich rolls, split
- 1. Combine 1/2 cup pizza sauce, bread crumbs, oregano, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Crumble beef and sausage over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- 2. Cook patties in a large skillet over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top with remaining pizza sauce and cheese. Cover and cook 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve on rolls. Yield: 6 servings.
Use bulk Italian sausage and provolone cheese instead of the pork sausage and mozzarella in Pizzeria Burgers.
1 each: 532 calories, 23g fat (11g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 1165mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 37g protein.
Reviews for Pizzeria Burgers
"Great recipe. The whole family enjoyed them."
"I have a very picky husband and he LOVES this recipe. The first time I made it I ate it as is and he just had the patty with regular burger fixin's (no pizza sauce on top). I like it both ways. It is a regular on our menu at home now."