Pizzeria Burgers Recipe
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 6 sandwich rolls, split
- 1. Combine 1/2 cup pizza sauce, bread crumbs, oregano, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Crumble beef and sausage over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- 2. Cook patties in a large skillet over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top with remaining pizza sauce and cheese. Cover and cook 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve on rolls. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 532 calories, 23g fat (11g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 1165mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 37g protein
Reviews for Pizzeria Burgers
"Great recipe. The whole family enjoyed them."
"I have a very picky husband and he LOVES this recipe. The first time I made it I ate it as is and he just had the patty with regular burger fixin's (no pizza sauce on top). I like it both ways. It is a regular on our menu at home now."
"These were awesome. I used turkey burger instead of beef! Will be making this recipe again."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.