Pizzeria Burgers Recipe
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 6 sandwich rolls, split
- 1. Combine 1/2 cup pizza sauce, bread crumbs, oregano, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Crumble beef and sausage over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- 2. Cook patties in a large skillet over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top with remaining pizza sauce and cheese. Cover and cook 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve on rolls. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 532 calories, 23g fat (11g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 1165mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 37g protein .
Reviews for Pizzeria Burgers
"Great recipe. The whole family enjoyed them."
"I have a very picky husband and he LOVES this recipe. The first time I made it I ate it as is and he just had the patty with regular burger fixin's (no pizza sauce on top). I like it both ways. It is a regular on our menu at home now."
"These were awesome. I used turkey burger instead of beef! Will be making this recipe again."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.