As the mother of teenagers, I strive to find meals they like but that require little work on my part. I get many requests for these Italian-style hamburgers...I make them monthly. - Amy LaPointe, North Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 6 sandwich rolls, split
- Combine 1/2 cup pizza sauce, bread crumbs, oregano, salt and pepper
- in a large bowl. Crumble beef and sausage over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into six patties.
- Cook patties in a large skillet over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on
- each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run
- clear. Top with remaining pizza sauce and cheese. Cover and cook 2
- minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve on rolls. Yield: 6
Use bulk Italian sausage and provolone cheese instead of the pork sausage and mozzarella in Pizzeria Burgers.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 532 calories, 23 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 1,165 mg sodium,