As the mother of teenagers, I strive to find meals they like but that require little work on my part. I get many requests for these Italian-style hamburgers...I make them monthly. - Amy LaPointe, North Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 6 sandwich rolls, split
- Combine 1/2 cup pizza sauce, bread crumbs, oregano, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Crumble beef and sausage over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- Cook patties in a large skillet over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top with remaining pizza sauce and cheese. Cover and cook 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve on rolls. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pizzeria Burgers in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p93
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Pizzeria Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review