- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 12 hamburger buns, split
- 3 to 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, oregano, chili powder and garlic salt. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in cheeses. Place about 1/3 cup meat mixture on each bun. Brush tops of buns with butter.
- 2. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until cheese is melted. Or wrap sandwiches in foil and freeze for up to 3 months.
- 3. To use frozen sandwiches: Place foil-wrapped buns on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 sandwiches.
1 each: 381 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 630mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein
Reviews for Pizzawiches
"whole family loves these."
"My kids love these! Just got a request to make them again! Perfect for hungry teenagers-just be prepared to make them often!"
"My kids love these! Just got a request to market them again! Perfect for hungry teenagers-just be prepared to make them often!"