- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 12 hamburger buns, split
- 3 to 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, oregano, chili powder and garlic salt. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in cheeses. Place about 1/3 cup meat mixture on each bun. Brush tops of buns with butter.
- 2. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until cheese is melted. Or wrap sandwiches in foil and freeze for up to 3 months.
- 3. To use frozen sandwiches: Place foil-wrapped buns on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 sandwiches.
1 each: 381 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 630mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein .
Reviews for Pizzawiches
"whole family loves these."
"My kids love these! Just got a request to make them again! Perfect for hungry teenagers-just be prepared to make them often!"
"My kids love these! Just got a request to market them again! Perfect for hungry teenagers-just be prepared to make them often!"