Pizza with Stuffed Crust Recipe
Cheese baked into the edge of the crust makes this extra-special pizza our favorite. It tastes like a restaurant-style pizza with mild ingredients. I sometimes substitute Canadian bacon for the pepperoni and green olives for the ripe ones.
- 2 teaspoons cornmeal
- 2 tubes (13.8 ounces each) refrigerated pizza crust
- 8 ounces string cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Sprinkle cornmeal evenly over a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Unroll pizza dough and place on pan, letting dough drape 1 in. over the edges. Pinch center seam to seal.
- 2. Place pieces of string cheese around edges of pan. Fold dough over cheese; pinch to seal. Brush the crust with butter; sprinkle with basil.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 5 minutes. Spread sauce over crust. Place two-thirds of the pepperoni in a single layer over sauce. Sprinkle with mushrooms, olives and cheese. Top with remaining pepperoni.
- 4. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until crust and cheese are lightly browned. Yield: 8-10 slices.
1 slice: 377 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 1141mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein .
Reviews for Pizza with Stuffed Crust
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC