Pizza with Hash Brown Crust Recipe
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1-1/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the hash browns and soup. Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, celery and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Add the tomato sauce, mushrooms, chili powder, seasoned salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- 3. Spread over the crust. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 348 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 884 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.