Pizza Turnovers Recipe
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1. In a small saucepan, saute the mushrooms, green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Add the tomato paste, water, oregano and garlic powder. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in cheese until melted. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Cut 3-1/2-in. circles from pie pastry. Place 1 teaspoon filling in the center of each circle. Brush edges of dough with water. Fold each circle in half; seal edges with a fork. Brush the tops with beaten egg. Place the turnovers on a greased baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 14 turnovers.
2 each: 288 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 260mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Pizza Turnovers
"Tasty. Easy to make ahead, freeze, and then bake when needed."
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.