Pizza Turnovers Recipe
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1. In a small saucepan, saute the mushrooms, green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Add the tomato paste, water, oregano and garlic powder. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in cheese until melted. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Cut 3-1/2-in. circles from pie pastry. Place 1 teaspoon filling in the center of each circle. Brush edges of dough with water. Fold each circle in half; seal edges with a fork. Brush the tops with beaten egg. Place the turnovers on a greased baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 14 turnovers.
1 serving (2 each) equals 288 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 260 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Pizza Turnovers
"Tasty. Easy to make ahead, freeze, and then bake when needed."
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.