You'll need just seven basic ingredients to make this effortless upside-down pizza casserole. Since I cook for two, I often divide it into two smaller casserole dishes - one for dinner and one to freeze. I take the frozen portion out of the freezer the night before to thaw in the fridge before baking as directed. -Chris Stukel, Des Plaines, Illinois
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen Tater Tots
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the soup, mushrooms and Italian seasoning.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with cheese and potatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Pizza Tot Casserole in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p31
Reviews for Pizza Tot Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review