Pizza Tater Tot Casserole Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped, optional
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen Tater Tots
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper, onion and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add pizza sauce and basil.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Top with mozzarella cheese and potatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned.
- 3. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving: 572 calories, 32g fat (13g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 1081mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 36g protein .
Reviews for Pizza Tater Tot Casserole
"It was a big hit here at work. We will have to make it again."