Pizza-Syle Manicotti Recipe
- 8 uncooked manicotti shells
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 8 slices deli ham (about 6 ounces)
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 8 pieces string cheese
- 24 slices pepperoni
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook manicotti according to package directions for al dente; drain. Preheat oven to 350°.
- Pour 1 cup sauce into a 13x9-in. baking dish. On a short side of each ham slice, layer one basil leaf, one piece string cheese and three slices pepperoni; roll up. Insert in manicotti shells; arrange in a single layer in baking dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over top. Sprinkle with olives and Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Pizza-Syle Manicotti(9)
Sort By :
This tasted just like a pizza! I didn't like that the string cheese never really melted. Be certain to use regular sized ham slices as mine were a bit oversized and it tore the shells.
We liked but had trouble with the cheese running out.
This was great and easy... I used low fat string cheese, low fat ham, Boars head pepperoni and healthy choice pasta sauce. I also put onions and greens peppers on top as well as some shredded mozzarella. And a touch of garlic powder. This was truly a great meal! I enjoyed as well as my family! Thumbs up and will be sharing with others.
Omitted ham. very tasty and easy !!!!!
This was quick and easy. Very flavorful! Will make again. I took someone else's advice and used low fat cheese and turkey pepperoni. My only negative was that the string cheese in the middle was a little tough and chewy. But still a great dish.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Ham >
- Baked Pasta >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Baking Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Cheese Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Dinner Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Italian Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Pasta Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Pork Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Winning Dinner Recipes >