Ham, pepperoni, string cheese and manicotti shells make a tasty hands-on recipe that even small children can help prepare. —Judy Armstrong, Prairieville, Louisiana
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 8 uncooked manicotti shells
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 8 slices deli ham (about 6 ounces)
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 8 pieces string cheese
- 24 slices pepperoni
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook manicotti according to package directions for al dente; drain.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Pour 1 cup sauce into a 13x9-in. baking dish. On a short side of each
- ham slice, layer one basil leaf, one piece string cheese and three
- slices pepperoni; roll up. Insert in manicotti shells; arrange in a
- single layer in baking dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over top. Sprinkle with olives and Parmesan
- cheese. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 stuffed manicotti equals 618 calories, 32 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 2,427 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 40 g protein.