For a satisfying snack, spread slices of French bread with this thick cheesy mixture. "It's a very adaptable recipe," notes reader Beverly Mons of Middletown, New York. "It would also be good with Italian sausage instead of ground beef."
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar (26 ounces) marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 loaf Italian or French bread, cubed or sliced
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in marinara sauce and oregano. Gradually stir in cheese
- until melted. Pour into a fondue pot or a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker to
- keep warm. Serve with bread. Yield: 8-10 servings.