- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed, crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 4 cans (8 ounces each) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 3 ounces sliced turkey pepperoni
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley or 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 9 ounces uncooked whole wheat spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, pepperoni, sugar, parsley and basil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until thickened. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Drain spaghetti; toss with sauce. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Pizza Spaghetti
Sort By :
"Quick, easy recipe. My kids loved it!"
"This Recipe is great I made it for the family and they just loved it! I tweaked the Recipe a little bit, I ommitted the sausage and used 2x the parmesan to make it taste more like a cheese pizza. Overall Amazing!"
"I never thought of this, but it makes so much sense. Partner with a nice bread stick and you're set!"
"Very good. I drain the noodles and toss them with 2 whipped egg whites and put directly on a raised edged, greased pizza pan. I then spread the sauce and added my favorite toppings and cheese and then baked at 350 for 25 min. It looked like a pizza and it was easily cut into wedges. If you're in a hurry use a canned spagetti or pizza sauce."