This family favorite is done in no time at all. I like to serve it with a crusty bread or garlic bread, and I'll sometimes use bacon or salami instead of pepperoni (just like a pizza!).—Janet Beldman, London, Ontario
Featured In: Pizza-Flavored Recipes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup sliced pepperoni
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onion, mushrooms and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are almost tender; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, broth, pepperoni and basil. Cook until heated through.
- Ladle into ovenproof bowls; top with cheese. Broil or microwave until cheese melts and is bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pizza Soup in Country Ground Beef 1993, p20
Reviews for Pizza Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review