- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 package (3 ounces) sliced pepperoni, halved
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 package (11-1/4 ounces) frozen garlic Texas toast
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a 6-qt. slow cooker, combine first nine ingredients. Cook, covered, on low until chicken is tender, 6-8 hours .
For croutons, cut Texas toast into cubes; bake according to package directions. Add spinach to soup; heat through, stirring occasionally. Top servings with cheese and warm croutons.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally. Prepare croutons as directed. Top soup with cheese and croutons. Yield: 10 servings (about 4 quarts).
Originally published as Pizza Soup with Garlic Toast Croutons in Simple & Delicious February/March 2017
Reviews for Pizza Soup with Garlic Toast Croutons
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 21, 2017
"easy and delicious!"
Reviewed Feb. 26, 2017
"Very flavorful and easy. We really loved the garlic toast croutons!"