Pizza Snake Recipe
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 25 slices pepperoni
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- Assorted food coloring
- New paintbrushes
- Unroll the French loaf dough into a large rectangle; spread with 1 cup pizza sauce to within 1 in. of edges. Sprinkle with cheese and mushrooms. Cut a forked tongue from a pepperoni slice; refrigerate. Layer remaining pepperoni over cheese and mushrooms.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal and tuck ends under. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet and shape like an "S". Divide egg among several small bowls; tint with food coloring as desired. Paint snake as desired with egg wash.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cut a small hole for the mouth; insert pepperoni tongue. Warm remaining pizza sauce; serve on the side. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Pizza Snake(3)
Sort By :
It looked a little weird, the kids LOVED it! They asked for it again even before they had finished their plates! It was really fun and had them convinced that it really was snake pizza till they took a bite!
Ok, granted I'm not the world's best cook, but I have tried making this twice and both times it looked NOTHING like a snake. It just kind of oozed into roadkill. Still tasted good, though.
The kids absolutely loved making this! We make homemade pizza rolls, so the kids were already familiar with the process of putting pepperoni, cheese inside of bread. But they loved painting it. We added garlic salt and grated parmesan. Yummy!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Halloween Dinner Recipes >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Pizza Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Kids Dinner Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >