- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in 2/3 cup warm water. Add 3
- tablespoons oil, sugar, salt, oregano, garlic salt, remaining water
- and 5 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour
- to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about
- 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the
- top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; divide into two portions. Roll each into a 15-in.
- circle. Brush two 14-in. pizza pans with remaining oil; sprinkle
- with cornmeal. Transfer dough to prepared pans; build up edges
- slightly. Bake at 425° for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Spread over crusts.
- Sprinkle with toppings.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crusts and cheese are lightly
- browned. Yield: 2 pizzas (8 slices each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 382 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 1,027 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.