Pizza Shop Pizzas Recipe
"This is absolutely the best homemade pizza I've ever tried! It's easy to make and you can simply toss on the toppings you and your family love." Melody Mellinger Myerstown, Pennsylvania
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 2-2/3 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 6-1/2 to 7 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano, marjoram and thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded pizza cheese blend
- 1 package (6 ounces) sliced turkey pepperoni
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup pickled pepper rings
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in 2/3 cup warm water. Add 3 tablespoons oil, sugar, salt, oregano, garlic salt, remaining water and 5 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down; divide into two portions. Roll each into a 15-in. circle. Brush two 14-in. pizza pans with remaining oil; sprinkle with cornmeal. Transfer dough to prepared pans; build up edges slightly. Bake at 425° for 5 minutes.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Spread over crusts. Sprinkle with toppings.
- 5. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crusts and cheese are lightly browned. Yield: 2 pizzas (8 slices each).
1 slice equals 382 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 1,027 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC