- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 2-2/3 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 6-1/2 to 7 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano, marjoram and thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded pizza cheese blend
- 1 package (6 ounces) sliced turkey pepperoni
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup pickled pepper rings
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in 2/3 cup warm water. Add 3 tablespoons oil, sugar, salt, oregano, garlic salt, remaining water and 5 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; divide into two portions. Roll each into a 15-in. circle. Brush two 14-in. pizza pans with remaining oil; sprinkle with cornmeal. Transfer dough to prepared pans; build up edges slightly. Bake at 425° for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Spread over crusts. Sprinkle with toppings.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crusts and cheese are lightly browned. Yield: 2 pizzas (8 slices each).
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Pizza Shop Pizzas
"These were delicious!"
"This is the first homemade pizza I've ever made! I am still learning how to make crusts and this onewas a sinch! I would defineately recommend trying this recipe!"
"We use this recipe just for the crust and it is amazing. It REALLY does taste like a local pizza shop, and you can add whatever sauce and toppings you like. We make pizza once a month and this is the recipe we use."
"I cut the crust portion in half and made the pizza on a 15x10x1 baking sheet. I made the full sauce recipe and used just over half with the remainder put in the fridge for english muffin pizzas later in the week. I modified the amount of toppings used, but had a little of everything along with adding green peppers. LOVED the toppings!!"
"Has anyone tried this recipe with whole wheat flour?"