Mary Monaco of Columbus, Ohio gives grilled cheese a special treatment by using slices of mozzarella cheese and adding delicious extras like pepperoni and fresh tomatoes. Dipped in warm pizza sauce, each one will be a fast favorite!
- 8 slices Italian bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 8 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 slices tomato
- 4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 24 slices pepperoni
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Pizza sauce, warmed
- On four slices of bread, layer one slice of mozzarella, two slices of tomato, 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese, a dash of garlic salt and six slices pepperoni. Top with remaining mozzarella and bread. Spread outside of sandwiches with butter.
- On a hot griddle, toast sandwiches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with pizza sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pizza Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious November/December 2007, p20
Reviews for Pizza Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review