Pizza Sandwiches Recipe
- 8 slices Italian bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 8 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 slices tomato
- 4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 24 slices pepperoni
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Ragú® Homemade Style Pizza Sauce, warmed
- On four slices of bread, layer one slice of mozzarella, two slices of tomato, 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese, a dash of garlic salt and six slices pepperoni. Top with remaining mozzarella and bread. Spread outside of sandwiches with butter.
- On a hot griddle, toast sandwiches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with pizza sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Pizza Sandwiches
Sort By :
"Very good and so easy! My husband isn't so fond of pepperoni so I used ham instead."
"These sandwiches are an amazing new twist on a boring grilled cheese. You can spice them up in tons of ways with different cheeses and spices. My family loves them."
"My mom made these for us growing up and I carry it on with my kids. Variation - in lieu of tomatoes we just slather the pizza sauce right on the bread during the assembly before grilling. No dipping needed! Crispy buttery outsie, gooey cheesey/pizza sauce inside!(and I don't know why or how....but just before eating open it up and put bread-N-butter pickle chips on it...the flavor taste combination is out of this world (sounds gross but you have got to try it to understand - just something with the cold & sweet crunch mixed with it)"
"I made these for lunch today for my boyfriend and his 8 1/2 year old son - HUGE HIT! My step-son (he practically is anyway!) declared once again that I'm an awesome cook. He wasn't crazy about the tomatoes but BF and I both loved them. I used a vegetable slicer to slice the tomatoes so they were nice and thin and not messy to eat. DEFINITELY making these again. Make sure not to load them too full and make sure also to have the layers nice, even and flat for ease of flipping."
"Wow! These were so good! I loved them!"