Pizza Salad with Tomato Vinaigrette Recipe
Many of the ingredients in a deluxe pizza go into this no-hassle salad. Feel free to substitute pepperoni for the Canadian bacon. The dressing is great on other salads, too.—Wendy Nickel, Kiester, MN
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:14 servings
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 pound Canadian bacon, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges and seeded
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Chill until serving.
- 2. In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, bacon, cheeses, tomatoes, pepper, olives, basil and chives. Just before serving, whisk dressing and drizzle 1 cup over salad; toss to coat. Save remaining dressing for another use. Yield: 10-1/2 cups salad plus 3/4 cup leftover dressing.
3/4 cup equals 119 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 392 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC