Pizza Salad with Tomato Vinaigrette Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 pound Canadian bacon, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges and seeded
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Chill until serving.
- 2. In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, bacon, cheeses, tomatoes, pepper, olives, basil and chives. Just before serving, whisk dressing and drizzle 1 cup over salad; toss to coat. Save remaining dressing for another use. Yield: 10-1/2 cups salad plus 3/4 cup leftover dressing.
3/4 cup: 119 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 392mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein .
Reviews for Pizza Salad with Tomato Vinaigrette
"I have made this salad for years. Love it! Only I use red onion rings, red pepper cut in small strips and sometimes substitute halved grape tomatoes. The tomato dressing is quite good. It is also good with Bernstein's Light Cheese Fantastico dressing."