- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 pound Canadian bacon, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges and seeded
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Chill until serving.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, bacon, cheeses, tomatoes, pepper, olives, basil and chives. Just before serving, whisk dressing and drizzle 1 cup over salad; toss to coat. Save remaining dressing for another use. Yield: 10-1/2 cups salad plus 3/4 cup leftover dressing.
Originally published as Pizza Salad with Tomato Vinaigrette in Country Woman October/November 2009, p39
Reviews for Pizza Salad with Tomato Vinaigrette
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review