- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 medium red onions, cut into thin wedges
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 large portobello mushroom, cut into 1/8-inch strips
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- Unroll crust into a lightly greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; flatten dough and build up edges slightly. Brush crust with 1 tablespoon oil. Bake at 425° for 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, 1 tablespoon oil and Italian seasoning; set aside.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the onion, red peppers, mushroom and remaining oil; seal bag and toss to coat. Place vegetables in a single layer on a greased broiler pan. Broil 4 in. from the heat until skins blister, about 15 minutes.
- Arrange tomatoes over crust; top with roasted vegetables. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 35 servings.
Originally published as Pizza Rusticana in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p77
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pizza Rusticana
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizer Pizza Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Diabetic Appetizers >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Italian Appetizers >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mushroom Appetizers >
- Mushroom Recipes >