Since receiving this recipe through 4-H, it's been a regular after-school snack. These bite-size pizza treats, made with refrigerated crescent rolls, are especially good served with spaghetti sauce for dipping. —Donna Klettke, Wheatland, Missouri
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat. Add the tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese and oregano.
- Separate crescent dough into eight rectangles, pinching seams together. Place about 3 tablespoons of meat mixture along one long side of each rectangle. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Cut each roll into three pieces.
- Place, seam side down, 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Pizza Roll-Ups in Quick Cooking July/August 2000, p41
Reviews for Pizza Roll-Ups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review